She is a small island

Her eyes are absolutely beautiful things.
They are filled with the color of the sea,
A gentle pulse of blue linen water

Bright, slipping between waves into a
Corridor of tidal pools; warm, with
Curving hands near a bundled shore of

Stones, shells, footprints of seabirds,
Tide’s departure in a whirling trance;
Forever and forever shifting, flowing in

A mason jar, only quite not everything- the
Brief scent of a child’s memory gathering sand;
Overhead clouds floating by; the horizon
Not too far off to accommodate a dream.

Copyright ยฉ 06/25/2019 lance sheridanยฎ

She is a small island

51 comments on “She is a small island

1. Just beautiful! And each verse is filled with so many wonderful, rich images. A dreamy, poetic, joyful read! Thank you for sharing. Love and light, Deborah.

2. Grazie infinite! ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒฟ๐Ÿ˜Š

Reblogged this on lampmagician and commented:
    Beautiful Eyes, Beautiful See, Beautiful Island, A Beautiful Poem โคโค๐Ÿ™๐Ÿค—

4. francisashis says:

Sir, stupendous poem.Thank you so much for sharing.

5. Wow! amazing piece of excellent poetic words, Lance. Beautiful poem.

6. The second time I read this, I realized that you wrote about six-year-old me on the beach at Hannaford Cove. How could you have known?

7. A corridor of tidal pools….. such a gorgeous poem.

8. I love this poem, a child’s memories stored in a jar of lazy days on the seashore filled with untold dreams completely connected to the energy of the sea her eyes reflect the beauty of.

9. Dear Lance, what a superb poem! I do like it very much! Elisa

10. Tamara says:

I, Tamar, am a robot, and my logic tells me that you are a talented poet.

11. Beautiful ๐Ÿต๐Ÿต๐Ÿต

12. Reblogged this on sovrasenso bisbigliato and commented:
    I suoi occhi sono cose assolutamente belle.
    Sono pieni del colore del mare,
    Un delicato impulso di acqua di lino blu

Luminoso, scivolando tra le onde in un
    Corridoio di pozze di marea; caldo, con le
    mani ricurve vicino a una spiaggia in bundle di

Pietre, conchiglie, impronte di uccelli marini,
    la partenza di Tide in trance vorticosa;
    Per sempre e per sempre mutevole, che scorre

Un barattolo di muratore, solo non proprio tutto – il
    breve profumo della memoria di un bambino che raccoglie sabbia;
    Nuvole di testa galleggianti vicino; l’orizzonte
    Non troppo lontano per ospitare un sogno.