A long love

Love is handily made of what is necessary
To replace a loneliness;
A plainly made agreement on paper to stop
The holes- the one in the heart,
The one for a singular arrangement established
By a length of emptiness.

Did she mean, did he say, you do not cry,
Tell lightly what you meant;
All of which nobody not you knew.
But it is so. Once in a while you wait.
There is no search, but there is hope.

A circle of a ring and a chance for pleasure
And not getting tired of it,
It shows there is no mistake.
A commitment is a commitment and does
Not connect under a bed.
The sight of a reason, the same sight slighter,
The intention to wishing,
The same splendor is a necessity needed.

A method of love, a single climb to a system,
Lily white with a noise and a grace;
Not in a catalogue, not a resignation-
All makes for a silver lining with no ribbon.

Copyright © 07/06/2019 lance sheridan®

A long love

57 comments on “A long love

1. denise421win says:

So nicely written…

2. weedjee says:

Wow… love and wondrous words, a pencil as a magical wand from Lance, according to haters when you fall in love, you’re a blind, the marriage opening your eyes… besides lots of churches contains confetti’s in the stairs, it could be piece of broken hearts from a fail wedlock according to popular lore… love a perfect gasoline to our lives. I think so 👍👍👍👍😉😉😉😉

This is a good poem. You should share it with your wife and close family.

The only time I’ve fallen into love in an insane way is Putin. His little agents blasted my youth’s system and used force/control/ demonic domination to get me into the honey pot. I spammed the crap out of him for a long time as revenge. I know I’m a 2/10. Don’t think I believe I had a chance. They ripped my brain out of my head and replaced it with fireworks.

4. francisashis says:

It’s really a prodigious poem sir,brining out the real purpose of love on paper is possible by great poet like you,thank you so much for sharing.

5. This is a fantastic poem, Lance, it goes right under my skin. Elisa

6. What I’m actually doing is liking them, and then going back to read them- just offering support for fellow writers.

7. Another contemplative poem. Well put love as a piece of paper to fill a hole in the heart and basically this is all many get when they enter into their loveless marriage which is not yet apparent. The paper fills the gap it is one of the biggest commitments anyone can make next to having a baby. There is an opportunity that it will work and along with it brings moments of happiness. You are right it cannot be bought though many are sold. Makes for a silver lining without a ribbon. A dream without attachments. Very thought provoking. 🙂

8. A profound valentine. ❤

Reblogged this on lampmagician and commented:
    The for ever love 🙏👍❤

10. A well written romance. Right to the heart. °°🐬🐬~~

11. Written just so, I think this appeals to interpretation through individual experience… mere paper to plug a hole in one’s heart, or perhaps the contemplation of a long search before shared splendor? Not especially sentimental, yet I return to this and pull up a few of my own wedding photos.

I choose splendor.

Good cheer to you! 🙂

12. ab nach Hause says:

Very good.

13. Reblogged this on sovrasenso bisbigliato and commented:
    Un lungo amore

L’amore è necessario
    per superare solitudini;
    Un chiaro accordo sulla carta per fermare
    voragini – quelle nel cuore,
    rese ancor più profonde
    dal protrarsi del vuoto per un lungo tempo.

Vuole dirlo,non lo dice, non piangere, cerca di capire
    ciò che vuole dire;
    nessuno può saperlo
    Ma è così.
    A volte si aspetta.
    Non c’è pretesa,solo speranza.

Un anello come promessa è a conferma della scelta
    E non venirne meno,
    Mostra che non è stato per errore.
    Un impegno è un impegno e non si limita al letto
    La consapevolezza,la leggerezza stessa,
    il voler desiderare,
    Lo stesso splendore sono necessari

Un percorso d’amore, un unica salita, lo stesso passo,
    l’innocenza,il clamore e la grazia
    Nulla di imposto,
    nulla in cui rassegnarsi .
    Tutto per un dono inossidabile senza nastro.

Copyright © 07/06/2019 lance sherida

14. I absolutely loved your opening two lines! Not only did they have me, they’re also so full of truth!

Beautiful words, Lance.

16. ehernandezz says:

This is so beautiful and it truly puts a knot in my throat.. we live in a world now a days where “love” is nothing but the opposite of a silver lining because everyone has their own definition of love and so many people hurt because of it. Beautiful poem ❤

17. Yeka says:

You have such a GIFT! Looking forward to being refreshed with your words … your heart. Thanks Lance!