A vague, preoccupied kiss

A kiss is dust as dust as dust,
Stitched into your lips like a dull dream,
You do not, you do not breathe.

You sit in the crotch of emotion
Starving for affection,
Feelings begin to wrinkle, then go black

And, one, by one they drop into
Dark blind shadows,
Like a naked bulb’s light, swinging, swinging.

I count the minutes, one, two, three, nineteen.
Faceless clocks being brainwashed by time;
Numb on a mantel with a date.

My jaw is narrowing, shrinking like old wood,
No longer needed to kiss,
Bestial purity, once, was best
(My heart is scarred from a touch, a bit of blood).

Copyright ยฉ 09/02/2019 lance sheridanยฎ

N1 A vague, preoccupied kiss

48 comments on “A vague, preoccupied kiss

1. So nice to be reading you again Lance! Wow..just the opening line grabs the reader’s attention and the verses toss and turn us, dropping us into “blind shadows” and “faceless clocks.” So much more than a kiss, and more a portrait of longing and Time’s decay. Wonderful!

I have a belly that I can play drums on, soft skin is now dry, angry hair coiling like a snake with time’s dye of grey skies, and I am losing the power of a woman, the snakes no longer fall on me. I am a ma’am. My only companions are two cats. I look like food for the hungry.

Hope you are well.

3. NZain says:

Glad to see you again, Lance. Always your words have a sobering effect on me…

4. Excellent! as always you are great Lance! Good luck my friend.

5. Such a treat to read your work Lance. I got lost in these words like a kiss, lost in time.

6. Barbara A. Smith says:

Oh, My, Lance, you certainly haven’t lost your ability to write great poetry! I love the images you’ve shared in this they are dynamite and stirred my senses to the brim. Keep up this great talent! Barbara Kasey Smith

7. Happy to read you again, Lance !
    What about your book ?

Reblogged this on lampmagician and commented:
    I do can’t breathe ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™โค๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

9. Welcome home, Lance! And with another outstanding offering. Your imagery lost nothing by your absence. If anything, even better: “Faceless clocks being brainwashed by time;” Thank you for being back again.

10. YBP says:

Wow!!! So great to have you back Lance! โค๏ธ Hope all is well ….. with your upcoming book and all! As always, your poetry speaks volumes to my soul ….. ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

11. Happy to read you again
    ๐Ÿค—๐ŸŒธ๐Ÿค—

12. Welcome back, Lance! So nice to see you and read your lovely poetry, again. My best and warm wishes to you. ๐Ÿ˜Š

13. You’re very welcome, Lance! I also heartily thank you, for your so nice and kind words. ๐Ÿค—

14. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ™๐ŸŒท

15. Beautiful, brilliant, emotive as always.

16. This is a wonderfully beautiful lyric, Lance!!

17. One word – WOW! So glad to have you back, Lance!