Desmond of the outer sanctorum

The sky is becoming excitable, as I propped my brain
Between a genuine interest and a weather; these
Clouds, with their white lids and water over my head,
Dumped buckets of water much as a cream color
Into my piece of coffee with the intention of wishing
Me a good morning. The amusing side more certain
As the necessity never dwindled. Perhaps it was
All an illusion, which may not be peculiar in everything.
And very strongly I may be fainting: the perfect way
To accustom the thing. It took mercy and relaxation
And even a cloud strength surrounding my sanctorum
To decrease a holy mess. It is so rudimentary and a
Creamy substance strangely to mingle in my awakening.

The clouds pass and pass, it is impossible to tell how
Many there are. I did not want any of them, only
A dark substance in a morning cup, supposing it is
Very black in a regularity. What is the use of this kind of
Delightfulness if there is no pleasure in not getting
Tired of it. At any rate, there is some venturing in refusing
To believe cream could be likely in an air fall from above.
It must be the season, trimming the summer into an
Autumn. The settling of leaves is one way to scatter a tree.
Some gratitude, reckless if you ask me. A calamity of
Colors and a raking; much, much too early for an ordinary.
Before they came my mornings were calm, committed to
Caffeine in a cup. Is there not much more joy to proclaim.

Copyright ยฉ 09/22/2019 lance sheridanยฎ

N16 Desmond of the outer sanctorum

66 comments on “Desmond of the outer sanctorum

1. A nice piece of poetry, Lance๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

2. Extremely spectacular use of words. Loved it!

3. spectacular use of words and emotion. Loved it!

Nice. Sounds like an addiction, something that holds you and keeps you craving, but you don’t enjoy it yet are fascinated with the happening. I like how you used the holy to be something outward from you yet intimate. I think everything is holy, even the darker aspects of life. Not sure what “desmond” means. It might have thrown me off.

Psychosis had a similar effect. You drift into it a world of threats and cloudy thoughts. I’m still vague. Just wait for all I’ll do to them when we’re in Hell together. I thought about using the weapons on them, but I don’t want to damage people, just want them to know how it feels to be hapless.

6. weedjee says:

Nice again and
    With enough coffee anything is possible. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

7. And autumn is tomorrow, with its automnal colors.
    Have a good day, Lance.

8. Beautiful poem mornings filled with coffee and clouds passing by, clouds often bring symbolism with them and also releasing of the past the clouds can symbolise this. So much letting go and now is the time.

9. Devon Brock says:

Lance,

After the fourth or fifth read of this poem, I get the distinct feeling that Desmond is looking at his garden (outer sanctorum) while having a cup of strong coffee in the morning, assessing the tasks ahead (genuine interest) and a rain comes on. Plop – a drop in his cup. Well that answers that question for Desmond, shaking a fist at the clouds and the wind for stripping the trees and creating more work. You use “ordinary” as a noun, giving the sense that Desmond feels an almost religious duty, as a prelate would, in maintaining this space. I may be way off the mark, but to me, this poem is a delicious way of telling that tale.

Respectfully,

D

10. Only you, Lance, can combine Autumn and coffee and come up with a very intriguing poem! My favorite line in this one: “It must be the season, trimming the summer into an
    Autumn. The settling of leaves is one way to scatter a tree.” Your mind marches to a different drum and in order to to keep up with you, I too must open my eyes in unexpected ways.. and run behind..but it’s delightful to try:)

11. YBP says:

My oh my! Lance, youโ€™re unbelievably amazing!!! โค๏ธ๐Ÿ’•โค๏ธ๐Ÿ’•โค๏ธ๐Ÿ’• The words, the feel, the mystery, the interplay of meanings ….. and oh my happy fave part? ..,,. โ€œCaffeine in a cup. Is there not much more joy to proclaim…โ€ Haha I love coffee โ˜•๏ธ…. it makes a perfect partner to my musings! ๐Ÿฅฐโค๏ธโ˜•๏ธ

• Yeka, so very grateful and appreciative for your thoughtfulness and feedback- thank you!

• YBP says:

Dear Lance, I will always remember YOU …. as you were the very first to ever breathe INSPIRATION to me in our WP community…. the moment you commented on my first post, I embraced that joy and broadcast it immediately to my family haha! I bless that day forever ….. and I stay forever grateful to you! โค๏ธ Youโ€™re on top of the world, on top of your love for writing, on top of all your amazing gifts …. and yet, you take time to notice and inspire baby bloggers like me. How humbled I am…… Whatโ€™s not to LOVE about you? โค๏ธ๐Ÿ’•โค๏ธ๐Ÿ’•โค๏ธ๐Ÿ’•โค๏ธ๐Ÿ’•โค๏ธ๐Ÿ’•

• Dear Yeka, it is indeed a great pleasure. And, my utmost thanks for your marvelous support and thoughtful words. You brighten so many lives with your positive outlook. Youโ€™re truly a lifeโ€™s blessing.

• YBP says:

Ohhh Iโ€™m teary eyed ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข haha! I feel deeply and I love to the core …. so thanks a billion times over, Lance! โค๏ธ I have no words that would do justice to my heartfelt gratitude ….

My humble way of saying thank you would be to invite you share even more of your amazing inspiration on ITโ€™S ALL ABOUT LOVE…..

Would be so deeply honored to have you Guest Post on
        ITโ€™S ALL ABOUT LOVE!!! โค๏ธ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™

When you have a pocket of time…..

Kindly message me via
        YBP@passcodelove.com
        OR
        may I know your email?
        Will send you my special message! ๐Ÿฅฐ

• Yeka, youโ€™re welcome. And, Iโ€™m very honored- thanks so sincerely. Iโ€™ll be in touch. Thank you! Blessings.

• YBP says:

โค๏ธ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š

12. allenrizzi says:

Really enjoyed this Lance… and now for that cup of coffee!

Again, you shared a great poem with us. Thank you for that, Lance.

Reblogged this on lampmagician and commented:
    These words, this poem ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™โค

15. Oh, Lance, I laughed and laughed. To make a comparison between your morning coffee and storm clouds bringing rain was ingenious. Who else could take an everyday, mundane event like pouring cream into your coffee and turn it into a major poem. I salute your talent, my friend.

16. Marta Pinhao says:

Siempre es un gusto leerte. Abrazote.

17. An entertaining mental adventure! ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿ’ฆ

18. NZain says:

Sipping coffee while reading this. And totally agreed!

19. That’s a nice, visual piece of free verse, Lance!

20. Stills says:

Genius and unique, your poem sound ridiculously true.

21. You have a way with words, I’ll tell you that!