The moon is my mother

Lucina, laboring like a white star, your face
Of white flesh, your ancient father grey-bearded,
Weary, cold and planetary; I am separated
From you both, the earth door is quiet.

In despair, I live here, abandoned— a dark crime,
Soberly resurrected, bending like field grass,
Their mild eyes, tender in a wafted breeze. I have
Fallen a long way, white palms, no labor reddens.

Mother, you see nothing of this— you are not sweet
Like Mary. Her hands of holiness lift me from the
Cold pews of your silence. The clouds of darkness
Are flowering blue and mystical over your moon face.

Copyright © 05/10/2020 lance sheridan®

the-moon-is-my-mother

125 comments on “The moon is my mother

1. Pankanzy says:

Beautiful 💓💓👌😍

2. This is beautifully penned Lance with many fine, descriptive lines. Great title too! A wondrous, heart-felt post for Mother’s Day. Thank you for sharing. Blessings always, Deborah.

3. weedjee says:

Nice again , beautiful poem from many other stars. A think is sure the poems by Lance are everlasting here on Mars or could be the Moon. Hats off from the mother Earth.

4. Lucy says:

Beautifully and eloquently written. Wow!

5. Beautiful and poetic illustration for a beautiful picture !
    Thank you, Lance.

6. Barbara A. Smith says:

Such magnificent images building a picture of art, with words from a writer’s thoughts and feeling, this won my heart! Barbara Kasey Smith

7. charef says:

Très belle prestation. Merci pour le partage.

8. Shivani. says:

Beautiful piece!🌸

9. A Star Seed arriving on Earth having floated down from the nightly skies looking back at the realms she once knew and now turns to the heavenly Mother Mary for her guidance which is sweeter than those who sent the Star down to Earth.

10. Beautiful imaginery and magical words penned in your poem, Lance. Awesome.

11. I love the mystical feel of the hauntingly beautiful poem.

12. depatridge says:

Wow. It is pithy and instructive piece.

13. Beautiful once again Lance..ahh the moon..a cold rock lit up by a sun’s sleeping glow.but also a yearning, a hypnotic orb of passion, its full face seducing lovers in the fields., Lucina brings the child to the earth, pulled into existence, to be birthed…The face of the aloof orb and the face of your mother….the warmth of your mother, the mystical blue in the face of the moon… at the moment of your arrival.

I love looking at the moon. I enjoyed this poem. She is always watching after her children.

15. NZain says:

So sweet, Lance😊

16. murisopsis says:

Adopted children with Mary our adopted mother… no less loved….

17. Watt says:

Tender and mystical. Beautiful work, Lance!

18. Very beautiful poem Lance! You are great! Thank you!

So wonderful, Lance. This is one of your best.

20. kevymichaels says:

Very beautiful
    “bending like field grass” I usually use branches. 😊 Kevy

21. No words my friend. I smiled as u read every verse. Beautiful and delicate….keep blogging 🌸✌

22. When seamaidens are impressed, are they ever impressed and they stay near, encircling the warm waters. I love the warmth and emotional stir of your poem Lance. 💦🐋

23. So nicely penned, Lance!

24. kevymichaels says:

Quite beautiful. I feel its vibration
    Kevy

25. Joana Alaves says:

Really eloquently poem for the Mother’s Day !! Greetings Lance ☺️

26. AnjaliM says:

Beautiful emotions penned nicely. Keep expressing creatively. Good luck 👍🙂

27. dakshali27 says:

It’s being so pleasure that I have visited your blog. You’re such a great writer.
    I really liked your last two lines: The clouds of darkness are flowering blue and mystical over your moon face…..This line really stole my heart away from it.
    And yeah ! Moon is our mother. She always take care of her child. I feel so vibrant !

28. Beautiful.. A new follower here. 🌼❤️

29. This poem felt like food for the soul.

30. Beautiful! Enjoying your work with VoiceOver again today 😊 🌕 😊